Cravings are often tied to sleep, hydration status, and even your emotional needs. Discover how to you can tune into your body’s signals more effectively.
Setting Healthy, Sustainable Goals
If you’ve tried it all before, but still struggle to manage your weight; if you feel like you’ve run the gamut of quick-fix diets and exercise programs that didn’t live up to your expectations or just weren’t sustainable; you’re probably tired of false promises, yet still eager to reach your goal weight (trust us, we get it!).
Plenity is a weight management aid, it helps you feel fuller so you can eat less. But setting a healthy, sustainable weight loss goal is also critical.
No matter what, be patient with yourself. People who lose weight gradually and steadily (about 1 to 2 lbs per week) are more successful at keeping weight off.
Remember, with Plenity you will feel fuller, then eat less, and then begin to lose weight. So as your body adjusts, the goal is to start eating less—to commit to eating fewer calories. Yes, it may take longer than you expect to start losing weight, but that’s why setting the right expectations is so important. It’s a process, and we’re here to support your weight loss journey. Ok, ready?
Grab Your Calculator
Let’s do some quick math to make sure you’re on the right track.
Write down how much weight you would like to lose, and divide that number by how many weeks you want to lose it by.
If your result is about 1–2 lbs per week, nice job! Your goal is right in line with what doctors recommend for safe, sustainable weight loss.
If your result is higher about 3–5 lbs per week, take caution! Losing this much weight in this timeframe could be tough on your mind and body. Try giving yourself a bit more time or setting a smaller goal so you can make the most of your weight loss journey.
If your result is higher than 5 lbs per week this could put your health at risk. We recommend adjusting your goal or giving yourself more time. It might take longer, but losing 1–2 lbs a week can help you keep the weight off for good.
Small Steps, Big Change
Now that you have put some real thought into your weight loss goal, consider choosing a micro goal to help you get there.
- Manage portion control
- Make healthier choices
- Develop a new healthy habit
- Reduce cravings for unhealthy food
- Enjoy mealtimes
Well done! Stay tuned for your next Main Course on discovering your BIG WHY. In the meantime, visit the Facebook community to see what other members are committing to change in their lives.
Go back to my homepage
How would you rate this content?
Thank you for your feedback.
Plenity® is indicated to aid weight management in adults with excess weight or obesity, a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 25–40 kg/m², when used in conjunction with diet and exercise.
Important Safety Information
- Patients who are pregnant or are allergic to cellulose, citric acid, sodium stearyl fumarate, gelatin, or titanium dioxide should not take Plenity.
- To avoid impact on the absorption of medications:
- For all medications that should be taken with food, take them after starting a meal.
- For all medications that should be taken without food (on an empty stomach), continue taking on an empty stomach or as recommended by your physician.
- The overall incidence of side effects with Plenity was no different than placebo. The most common side effects were diarrhea, distended abdomen, infrequent bowel movements, and flatulence.
- Contact a doctor right away if problems occur. If you have a severe allergic reaction, severe stomach pain, or severe diarrhea, stop using Plenity until you can speak to your doctor.
Rx Only. For the safe and proper use of Plenity or more information, talk to a healthcare professional, read the Patient Instructions for Use, or call 1-844-PLENITY.