Prescribing Plenity is different but easy.
You Prescribe Plenity
Send your e-script to GoGoMeds Pharmacy in Southgate, KY, or fax/e-fax to 877-766-0185.
GoGoMeds Pharmacy Contacts Your Patient
GoGoMeds Pharmacy will appear as:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Text: 1-888-384-1802 or “GoGoMedsRx”
• Phone: 1-855-498-4886 or “GoGoMedsRx”
Your Patient Completes Their Order
During checkout, they will be offered 2 order options: $98 for a 4-week supply, or $249 for a 3-month supply.
For a printable patient resource on our Express Path prescription filling process, click here.
GoGoMeds Pharmacy offers a free dashboard where you can keep track of each Plenity prescription you have written.
Starting Patients on Plenity
Intended Use: Plenity® is indicated to aid weight management in adults with excess weight or obesity, a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 25–40 kg/m², when used in conjunction with diet and exercise.
Which patients would be a good fit for Plenity?
Plenity can be a great option for an adult who:
- Is motivated to reach their weight management goals but may need a little extra help
- Wants to lose 10 to 30 pounds,* but isn’t expecting a quick fix
- Is committed to taking Plenity as prescribed and prepared to pay the direct cost of $98 for a 4-week supply ($1.75 per meal). Health insurance coverage for weight management prescriptions is highly variable. To learn more, please visit the FAQ page.
What should I tell my patients about Plenity?
- Plenity works by helping people feel fuller, eat less, and lose weight gradually. It helps amplify—not replace—their weight management efforts.
- It’s important to take Plenity as prescribed—people who do are more likely to lose more weight on Plenity.*
*The GLOW pivotal study was a 6-month, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pivotal trial assessing the safety and efficacy of Plenity. Plenity (n=223) or placebo (n=213) was administered to 436 adults with excess weight or obesity, with or without type 2 diabetes. Primary endpoints: 1) at least 35% of patients on Plenity achieving ≥5% weight loss and 2) whether individuals receiving Plenity lost 3% or more of their body weight than individuals receiving placebo. The study met and exceeded the categorical endpoint. It did not achieve super-superiority. The percentage of patients who lost ≥5% of body weight was 59%. Individuals on Plenity lost an average 6% vs individuals on placebo who lost on average 4% (P=0.0007).1
Plenity is also available to your patients via a trusted telehealth provider.
Plenity Telehealth by Ro can operate as a virtual extension of your practice. Simply have your patients scan the QR code below, or direct them to MyPlenity.com/refer. If they are appropriate for Plenity, the Plenity Telehealth by Ro physician may prescribe it.
Here’s how it works:
- Have your patient scan the QR code or visit MyPlenity.com/refer.
- They will be taken to Plenity Telehealth by Ro’s secure online portal to start their e-visit with a licensed physician as soon as they’re ready.
- The telehealth physician will review their visit notes and let your patient know within 24 hours if Plenity is right for them.
- If Plenity is prescribed, patients will get door-to-door delivery for the same $98 for a 4-week supply with free 2-day shipping.
- Patients will have access to free, unlimited follow-ups to discuss their Plenity treatment with a Plenity Telehealth by Ro provider.
- Ro will also provide care summaries to the patient designed to help them share details of their care with you.
Please note: The Plenity Telehealth by Ro online visit is only intended to assess patients’ fit for Plenity—no other products or conditions will be addressed in that visit
How do I prescribe Plenity?
Only GoGoMeds Pharmacy can fill your Plenity prescriptions. E-prescribe Plenity to GoGoMeds Pharmacy in Southgate, KY, or fax/e-fax it to them at 877-766-0185. Each prescription should be written for 1 box (4-week supply) with the directions: “Take 3 capsules (1 pod) with 16 oz of water 20 minutes before lunch and dinner, 7 days a week. If a pre-meal dose is missed, take Plenity during or immediately after that meal.” Refills are up to clinical judgement, but we recommend 12 refills of Plenity to address the long-term nature of weight management. The patient will be offered the choice between a 4-week supply for $98 or a discounted 12-week supply for $249. Once GoGoMeds Pharmacy receives the prescription, they will contact your patient via email, text, or phone to complete checkout. Once the patient has completed checkout, they will typically receive their Plenity shipment within 2 business days.
To learn more and see a sample Plenity prescription, please visit https://www.myplenity.com/hcp/prescribing-plenity.
Where is Plenity in my e-prescribing platform?
Please search for
in your e-prescribing platform, and be sure to select in Southgate, KY as the pharmacy. If you cannot locate either Plenity and/or GoGoMeds Pharmacy in your e-prescribing platform, please call 1-844-PLENITY and ask the customer service representative to open a request to have Plenity added to your EHR platform.
Can I send Plenity prescriptions to a local retail pharmacy?
No. Retail pharmacies will NOT be able to fulfill HCP prescriptions for Plenity. Prescriptions should be e-prescribed to GoGoMeds Pharmacy via electronic medical records, e-fax, or fax. Please see the first question for information on how to write a Plenity prescription.
Plenity® is indicated to aid weight management in adults with excess weight or obesity, a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 25–40 kg/m², when used in conjunction with diet and exercise.
Important Safety Information
- Plenity is contraindicated in patients who are pregnant or are allergic to cellulose, citric acid, sodium stearyl fumarate, gelatin, or titanium dioxide
- Plenity may alter the absorption of medications. Read Sections 6 and 8.3 of the Instructions for Use carefully
- Avoid use in patients with: esophageal anatomic anomalies, including webs, diverticuli, and rings; suspected strictures (such as patients with Crohn’s disease); and complications from prior gastrointestinal (GI) surgery that could affect GI transit and motility
- Use with caution in patients with active gastrointestinal conditions such as gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD), ulcers, or heartburn
- The overall incidence of AEs in the Plenity group was no different than the placebo group
- The most common side effects were diarrhea, distended abdomen, infrequent bowel movements, and flatulence
Rx Only. For the safe and proper use of Plenity, refer to the Healthcare Professionals Instructions for Use.
Greenway FL, Aronne LJ, Raben A, et al. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of Gelesis100: a novel nonsystemic oral hydrogel for weight loss. Obesity. 2019;27(2):205–216.
BMI=body mass index; HCP=healthcare provider; HIPAA=Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act